Are you keeping track of your mobile apps across multiple mobile app stores?
Application Store Proliferation
As the number of mobile apps and the stores that distribute them come and go, it becomes very resource-intensive to maintain control of your apps across all these diverse touch points.
The lack of brand and application quality policing within mobile app stores has led to the proliferation of copycat apps. These copycat apps confuse your customers, collect their PII (personally identifiable information), and distribute malware to their devices.
As mobile apps are distributed across multiple stores and sideloading is increasingly used for transferring data to devices, managing all the different app versions can be a nightmare for the app product teams.
A comprehensive approach to global visibility and control over your mobile assets
Our 4-Step methodology:
- Discover: We automate the discovery of your mobile apps and partner apps. By filtering out the noise for you, we help you focus on your critical assets. The discovery process never ends, as we continuously scan mobile application stores.
- Monitor: We are always monitoring app stores for changes to your company’s approved mobile binaries, to ensure that correct versions of your apps are in company approved app stores. You will get automatic alerts so you can efficiently monitor and track rogue mobile apps, malware and brand infringements.
- Test: Our on-the-fly application emulation allows you to launch Android applications directly within the user interface without an Android device. You can efficiently analyze and monitor mobile apps behavior from a centralized environment.
- Takedown: We notify you and automatically take down unauthorized apps using your brand or connecting to your IT systems. This way, you proactively protect consumers from malicious applications that impersonate your brand.
How is RiskIQ™ different from other mobile security solutions?
RiskIQ for Mobile was purpose-built to address the security challenges of today's mobile environment.
Unparalleled Mobile Application Coverage
- With more than 4M+ apps from 60+ stores worldwide, we have the industry’s most comprehensive and rich index of mobile applications.
- We scan, test and archive every major mobile OS platform (including versions and respective metadata) encountered.
- With an index that is cross-store and cross-platform, we can review applications from multiple dimensions.
Intelligent Application Execution
- When analyzing a mobile app, we emulate human user interaction with the app to detect suspect applications and incidents related to application tampering or brand impersonation.
- With a distributed global proxy network, we scan and emulate the user experience in interacting with targeted apps from dozens of locations worldwide.
Unique Intelligence: RiskIQ MobileDB
- Our system has been gathering intelligence for more than three years, archived in our RiskIQ MobileDB.
- We constantly use the intelligence gathered to make our system smarter; and by extension, make our customers more informed about existing and emerging mobile threats.
- Threats that are surfaced within our RiskIQ WebDB are fused into our MobileDB, offering our customers insight into how web threats relate to their mobile ecosystem. This comprehensive coverage provides our customers with unparalleled global visibility across their mobile platforms.
Who benefits from using our mobile security solution?
- The mobile application owner who needs to protect his brand equity and intellectual property.
- The device manufacturer who needs to ensure the quality of the apps hosted on her devices and needs to maintain visibility over all these apps.
- The mobile app store manager who is responsible for approving apps and ensuring quality within his store.
- Security teams who need to quickly respond to incidents and perform remediation to minimize damage.
- Legal and brand teams who need to control brand, trademark and intellectual property abuse.